Sunday, March 4, 2007

"What's for Dinner"

Where do you go out for dinner tonight. Well, I have to say this can be a difficult subject. I want to keep people in Evansville but, I have to say some of the places here have a hard time keeping me here with a few exceptions. I do go to many differnt places out of town but, for your dinning needs in Evansville give these a try.

The Night Owl does has good food. It does take some time to get your dinner on Friday nights even if you go early but it's worth the wait. They are open for lunch and dinner. Greg is trying to make some additions to the place by adding a new dinning area downstairs. I do here that the price tag may be a problem though. He has excellent steak sandwiches and burgers. The beer fries are great. Give it a try.

The Evansville Country Club is a nice place to go on a Friday night. I see they are going to be open on some additional days. The fish on occasion is a hit or miss on weather it will be cooked fully or not. I hope they will work on this because I really like to go there. They have a great salad bar. It has salad and all the fixings and they have potato, mac, Cole slaw, beets and other items that make it a good variety. The soup is out of this world. The other menu and speacials have always been good too. I do want you to try it. It is a very nice place to have a drink and dinner. They also have the room to hold you family get togethers or buisness parties. Oh, they also have about the best golf coarse in southern Wisconsin.

Romano's Restaurant. Frank his wife and kids are great people. They have been here for many years now. You could not ask for a nicer family run business. I have never had a bad meal there. The pizza is a great taste and many different toppings are there for you. They even have a new Sicilian pizza, thick crust so need to call ahead for this one. The crust has to rise and cook for a while because it is thick. Hamburgers, ravioli, tortellini and many other choices await you. They have about the best looking bar area in town. Stop by they have a nice dinning area or you can have them deliver. They are open for lunch and dinner. By the way they are adding onto the bar area for yet more dinning space.

Give these buisness a try and tell me what you think.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok what about the China food place here in town? They have good food if thats your thing. But Evansville really is not really good to restaurants, at the same time some of them have a real hard time serving good food all the time. Not to speak ill of the dead, but the Agnus house was awful. I ate there twice the second time I complained because the second visit was as bad as the first and the guy running the place argued with me. He had no clue what he was doing. The Night Owl I gave up eating there a long time ago, as I think the food is not good enough for the wait. That has more to do with the attitude of the employees than anything else.

Spinners is just plain gross.

Romanos pizza is good, but anything else you can get from the Schwanns man, and its just as good.

It would be nice to actually get a true Steak house back in town someone who has a clue as to what they are doing.

Anonymous said...

Nows the time for these restaurants to expand their offerings and their hours. Real coffee has good sandwiches, but not great for a "night out." Ditto with Alberici's. Now the Mexican place went out of business?

I want Taco Bell!

Anonymous said...

I called the Night Owl last weekend and all I wanted was sandwich, just a sandwich and frys. 90 minutes for take out. I wanted to ask, if they understood I was not ordering a six course meal. I told them forget it. We went to Fudruckers in Janesville, and shopped at Walmart in TWO hrs time we were home. We did all that taking only a half hour more than what the Night Owl could deliver. I am not waiting 90 minutes anywhere for a sandwich. These places in town want people to stay in town to shop and eat they need to get it together.

Rex said...

I really like the food at The Night Owl.I will agree on weekends particularly Friday nights the wait is a bit long. It does however give me some time for a couple of beers and to hang out with family and friends away from the kids.You know you will always get a good meal ata good price.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with Romano's Pizza - it's simply great! The wife and I have been Hawaiian or Taco Pizza lovers for a long time - but Romano's plain ol' Sausage and Peperoni pizza is simply excellent.

The night owl is also fantastic in my mind. The burgers are large and great, The Fish is definitely worth the wait... If you can't wait (complainers) - go to McD's. Since it's friday - have a beer and RELAX!!! I recommend teh Prime Rib sandwich, especially on Saturday's when it's the specials. The the Philly Steak and Cheese and French dip are great.

Show me, please show me a better restaurant in as small of a town, where the beer choices on tap are just as good and as reasonably priced. Hard to find, hard to beat.

I FULLY recommend both the Night Owl and Romano's!!!... And if you ever get a chance - get the Meat loaf from Alberici's.... it's all I've had yet.