Friday, March 23, 2007

Motel Coming to Evansville?

Yes, after all these years the word on the street is a motel is going up next to Romano's Restaurant on Union St. The word is the owner of the Citgo Station is going to start building this year.

This will be a nice addition to the landscape in this area. The site use to be the location of Cornwell Welding shop back in the old days. It is right on the curve. It will be nice to have a place for people that come from out of town for weddings and other functions to stay at instead of having to go out of town. I don't know what the Motel will have to offer like a pool or fitness area at this time but, when I hear I will let ya know.

It's great to have business's investing in Evansville.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting location choice. I'm glad to hear that it is in town, rather than out by Ace. Evansville has needed a motel/hotel for quite some time, hopefully this one will work out as we all have hoped.

Anonymous said...

What's your source? Some meeting? I thought that land was in the flood plain. It doesn't make sense.

Thebadgerstate said...

Heard it from Mr. Romano who owns Romano's Resturant. There is going to be fill hauled in from the road projects this year to bring it up where it needs to be.

Anonymous said...

Its a damn ugly spot for a hotel. Its dirty. At least they won't have to worry about a pool, there will be one soon enough.

Anonymous said...

I heard on WJVL today that its a actual company that is looking to build the hotel, and its in its very early stages. I heard nothing about Ed, being mentioned.

Anonymous said...

Its not a done deal that it would go next ot romano's , personally i don't think it would ever go there. Theres to many nice areas that it could go.

Anonymous said...

What do you mean, anon, when you say they don't have to worry about a pool, there will be one soon enough. Who's building a pool?

Anonymous said...

My kids walk down to Subway/Romanos. I don't want a bunch of out-of-towners right where the kids go. Out by Ace is better.

Anonymous said...

I what I mean by there will be a pool soon enough is that entire area is SWAMP, it does not matter how much dirt they dump on top, water is always going to be a issue there. I wonder if the dnr and epa know what he is doing to the wetlands there? I would not be surprised if he is not breaking some enviromental laws. Ethics has never been Roger Bergs strong suit and he has his hands in this as well.

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, good joke, but true. It was over my head.