Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Is Spring Coming next Week???

If the weather guy is right I will be itching to start in the garden. Yes, this weekend is suppose to be in the 40's and they say for next week into the 50's. This just makes me want to start putting those plans I have been working on over the winter into action. I mean, all the books and shows I have been watching about gardening that gave me all kinds of ideas. Lots of work was done last year but, more space is still available you know so it has to be done.

Where do you get the flowers and bushes? Well, there are a few places right here around Evansville. Enchanted Gardens at the end of Cemetery & Territorial road has a lot of choices of all kinds of garden stuff. I really like the choices of trees they have. I have bought several over the years and all have done great. If hosta's are to your liking you will love the many many choices they have. All kinds of bushes too. They have a large selection of many different kinds.

The herb selection is always good too. Sometimes it is hard to find herb's that have a good start early in the spring but, they seem to have them with a good start. Water plants and many different kinds of berries are also here. I think the prices are good considering the size and that they have always survived for me. I believe that the business has been sold but, I hope it still continues as a green house.

Prairie Plant Farm on County C just west of Evansville also has very good plants, bushes, trees and flowers. I love the hanging baskets that they make up. The selection is getting more and more each year. Staff is very helpful and the plants hold up if you take care of them.

As far as K&W in Janesville goes, the prices are a little high for me. Now don't take me wrong because there are certain things I get there. They have some plants that I can't find other places. I also have bought stones there for paths and stepping stones. They have a good selection of these. Trees and bushes are there too. When they have sales you can get a bargin there.

Well, I hope spring is coming to us soon. I know that I will not be able to get started this soon but, I can get in the mood for my spring planting.

1 comment:

Watchin Evansville said...

Spring may not be coming but the mud is.